There are several books that are used that are lying around and you’re thinking of ways to earn some money selling the books. There are a variety of options to sell them, however the most effective place to market textbooks is Chegg.
Chegg provides an online service that lets you to rent and even sell textbooks. You will need to enter the ISBN number and some other details prior to shipping your textbooks via “GoTexbooks.” You get the money when they receive your package.
Why do you have to ship the books you have to GoTextbooks? What is the difference between GoTextbooks and Chegg? What kinds of books are available on Chegg? Are there any other platforms where you can sell books?
If you have these questions on your thoughts, then you’re in the right spot. This article will help you in selling textbooks and books through Chegg.
We’ll provide crucial information you should be aware of before you sell your books. Let’s get started.
What Is Chegg?
Chegg is an American-based Education Technology (Ed-tech) company. It was established on the 5th of May 2005, by three students from a college, Josh Carlson, Osman Rashid along with Aayush Phumbhra. Since its beginning it has since grown into among the top dependable and respected firms in the market of textbooks.
It has caused disruption to the field of education because of online tutoring and university notes (both physical and digital) and numerous other. Apart from that, Chegg also helps students in their homework, troubleshooting rental of textbooks, etc.
Furthermore, Chegg lists internships, scholarships, as well as college application tips on its website. Chegg states that 94% of their students (users) achieve better grades. Let’s look at ways to help you sell your book on the internet.
Can You Sell Books On Chegg?
Sure, Chegg is one of the most effective places to market textbooks. However, you must remember the fact that every book is sold through GoTextbooks which is distinct and separate from Chegg. However, you shouldn’t be concerned; GoTexbooks is Chegg’s trusted partner. You’ll have a great experience using GoTexbooks.
If you go to Chegg to purchase textbooks, you’ll be taken to GoTextbooks. GoTextbooks website.
What Books Are Okay to Sell on Chegg?
In contrast to the other marketplaces, GoTextbooks allows you to sell a specific type of textbooks. You can sell textbooks ranging in subject matter from Science & Technology to Economics and Maths. The most important rules and requirements are listed on GoTextbooks the website on FAQs. Some examples of books that you can sell include:
- Electric Circuits – Nielson & Rieder (ISBN: 9780323824675) is a book that covers the topic of electric circuits.
- The Feynman Lectures on Physics boxed set The New Millennium Edition New Millennium edition. Edition by Richard P. Feynman, Robert B. Leighton & Matthew Sands (ISBN: 0465023827)
- Braunwald’s Heart Disease, Single Volume: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine (ISBN: 0133760030)
Steps To Sell Textbooks On Chegg
It is possible to sell your textbooks online through Chegg using your smartphone and desktop. Take these actions:
- Go to Chegg.com for a desktop-based browser.
- Click to hover the cursor over” Books‘ option.
- Click ‘Find’ and then ‘ Sell on the menu dropdown.
On your mobile device –
- Go to Chegg.com using your mobile device.
- Select the Hamburger‘ icon located in the upper left corner
- Just click on the drop-down arrow next to ‘ Books.’
- Tap on ‘ Sell.’
This page opens up – https://www.chegg.com/sell-textbooks
- Click on ‘ Start now to begin,’ and you’ll be taken to the GoTextbooks GoTextbooks’ website.
This page opens up – https://sellback.gotextbooks.com/
The addition of textbooks to cart
The steps listed below are the same on both the mobile and desktop versions:
- Input the ISBN number of the book you’d like to sell. If you have several books to sell, enter ISBNs, separated by a colon, e.g. ISBN 0323824675 0133760030, 0465023827.
- After you have added the textbooks, click on ‘ Continue.‘
- After that, double-check the Sellback Summary, thenclick ‘ Sell these textbooks and confirm. Log into or sign-up for an account (If you’re not already signed up). The process can be completed within a few minutes.
- On the next page select ‘ Sell these books.’
- Select your preferred payment method such as PayPal or check, complete the required information then hit ‘ Confirm books to confirm your purchase.
- You will receive an Confirmation email with the option of printing an prepaid shipping label. Pack your books carefully to protect them from damage during shipping and drop it off at the convenient UPS Ground location.
Confirmation and payment
You will receive another email after your books are received for them to process your request. It takes 5 business days to process your package. Then, you’ll receive your payment within 7-14 days with a check, or within 2 to 4 business days if opt for PayPal as your payment method.
Tips On Selling Textbooks On Chegg
GoTexbooks has provided a list of guidelines you should follow when making your books available for sale. These guidelines are available in their site. We have gathered the most significant ones specifically for you.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your package is received by GoTexbooks. The GoTexbooks team will examine the textbooks and decide whether to choose to accept or reject them. The team will notify you via email, as with other details.
- The mailback sellback orders generally require between 4 and 14 business days to arrive at GoTextbooks. Therefore, firstly, be patient for confirmation emails.If you do not receive any results, you can reach out to their support team at.
- GoTextbooks does not accept books that meet these conditions:
- Pages, covers, or cover pages that are severely damaged or binding
- Pages missing or torn
- Water damage
- Overwriting or highlighting excessively
- ISBN that is tampered or altered is different from the one which was used to quote the ISBN.
- It is possible that the product is counterfeit.
Mistakes To Avoid
Be sure to beware of these pitfalls so that your books don’t end up being rejected by GoTexbooks.
- The shipping label that it comes with expires after seven days, so you must send the label within a certain period. If you didn’t send it, you may create an entirely new quote and then utilize the new label you receive.
- If you accidentally sold a rental book, contact and send a prepaid shipping label to GoTextbook. Naturally, you’ll must revise your final order.
- The free shipping label you receive will be for 5 pounds. It is possible to ship books over or below the weight limit without needing new labels.
- If the book doesn’t conform to GoTextbooks Grading Criteria and are not graded, they could be eligible for price reductions. But, you’ll be notified via email if you’d like to keep the deal.
- You can make use of a single ISBN for at least five copies under the same name. You can reach out to our GoTextBooks team to assist further.
Other ways to market your textbooks
Apart from GoTextbooks, it is possible to also sell used books at various online stores and increase your personal financial situation. Here are some alternatives for you to consider:
Chegg is a convenient platform for you to sell your textbooks that you have used. But, these transactions are handled by its trusted partner GoTextbooks. The site is simple to use. All you have complete is to fill in your out ISBN with the payment details and send your books to the nearest UPS ground.
Make sure your books are good condition, and do not have damaged cover, water damaged or excessive highlightering.
If you are having issues or questions regarding this process, please send them an email. Their email address is be******bd6@7***2.com They usually take several hours to reply.
I hope that this article has helped you answer any questions. Be sure to share this post with those who would like to sell their textbooks online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Sell Books to Chegg?
Your books can’t be sold directly to Chegg directly. Selling textbooks to Chegg is possible via GoTextbooks.
Does Chegg Sell My Books?
Chegg is not involved in the sale of books. However, they have a partnership with GoTextbooks.
How Does Selling Books On Chegg Work?
Visit Chegg’s Sell Textbooks page, type in an ISBN number, confirm the sale of books Print the shipping label send books out and receive payment.
Why Can’t I Sell Back My Books On Chegg?
Chegg doesn’t purchase every book. You need to enter the ISBN of the book to determine if you are able to sell the book.
Is It Better To Sell Books On Chegg or Amazon?
Chegg doesn’t purchase every book. You need to enter the ISBN of the book to see if you’re able to sell the book.
Can International Students Sell Books On Chegg?
They are able to sell old textbooks to GoTextbooks Chegg’s partner website.